• The 4-H Youth in Action program amplifies the diverse stories and leadership of 4-H youth who are making a difference in their communities every day.
• It’s a premiere community of 4-H’ers who are preparing for their future while showcasing how 4-H changed their lives and equipped them to change the lives of others.
• ALL Youth in Action Program applicants receive:
• Media, interview, and storytelling training from National 4-H professionals.
• Admission into our national 4-H story database; providing potential national multi-media and spokesperson opportunities.
• Four Award Winners Receive:
o A $5,000 scholarship for higher education, to be paid directly to the institution, including two-year and four-year colleges, trade schools or other advanced learning opportunities.
o A year of personal professional and media development, training, and networking opportunities and national opportunities to serve as a spokesperson and key thought leader in your program area.
o All-expenses paid trips for each award winner & a chaperone to travel as the national youth spokesperson.
o An official reference letter from a National 4-H Council leader for educational or career purposes.
Important Changes to This Year’s Program:
• We are offering virtual Media, Interview, and Storytelling Training for all applicants and their educators in April. Only those who apply will have access to this webinar link!
• All applications are admitted into our National 4-H Story Database. This means when various multi-media engagements arise throughout the year, we refer to this database for our 4-H storytelling needs. Even if your 4-H’er isn’t one of the scholarship winners, there is a good chance other donor, social, or media engagements could become available for them throughout the year!
• We are becoming pillar agnostic this year! In hopes of opening more opportunities for students with projects that didn’t quite fit into a pillar area or perhaps apply to multiple pillars, we are removing those specific titles. We will still give out four scholarships to our top award winners.
Dates to remember:
January 30, 2023
Online application opens
February 1, 2023
YIA Application Webinar for Extension Professionals
February 22, 2023
YIA Application Webinar for youth/applicants
March 27, 2023
Online application closes
April 16 or 17, 2023
Media, Interview, and Storytelling Training for all applicants and their educators